2014 Graduation Brings Laughter, Tears

Class of 2014 at Graduation, being led by Dean Reed Farley in their graduation song. Picture was obtained from The Archer School for Girls Public Facebook Profile.

On Saturday, May 31, Archer’s graduating 2014 class walked across the stage in dazzling white to receive their diplomas.

Class Dean Reed Farley and ShaVonne Higgins '14 pose with her diploma during post graduation celebrations in the courtyard. Photographer: Marcela Riddick '16
Class Dean Reed Farley and ShaVonne Higgins ’14 pose with her diploma during post graduation celebrations in the courtyard. Photographer: Marcela Riddick ’16

With speeches by Kate Heck ’14, Class Dean Reed Farley, Head of School Elizabeth English, Board of Trustees Co-Chair Barbara Bruser and commencement speaker Abigail Disney, who was introduced by ASB President Marisa London ’14, the ceremony was full of laughter and tears.

One Archer student said, “It was beautiful and well done—the student speakers were incredible.”

With traditions such as the singing of “Within the Walls of Archer” and the teacher and faculty wearing their alma mater robes, it was a typical Archer graduation.

However, the self dubbed “Dream Team 2014” made their graduation unique by dancing along to their class song “You’re My Best Friend” by Queen.

One of Dean Reed Farley's selfies with the class of 2014. Obtained from Head of School Elizabeth English's public Twitter account.
One of Dean Reed Farley’s selfies with the class of 2014. Obtained from Head of School Elizabeth English’s Twitter account.

Another Archer first was when Farley included taking selfies with his class in the middle of his speech.

The number of people who came together to see the 64 girls of the Class of 2014 was sizable. Even the heat of the day could not bring down the smiles of the newest Archer Alumnus.

On behalf of the Oracle, congratulations Class of 2014—you will be missed.