4th Annual Archer Film Festival approaches, registration opens

Photo credit: Daniel In
Chanel Williams ’14 interviews a student filmmaker at the 2014 Archer Film Festival held at AMC Century City. Students at Archer have the opportunity to take film classes at Archer in Upper School. Photographer: Dan In

The Archer Film Festival will be hosting their fourth annual film festival at the AMC Theaters at Westfield Century City in Los Angeles, California at 6:30 p.m.

Sixteen films from schools across the nation will be screened at the event, with five films directed and produced by Archer girls.

Prior to the screenings, there will be a reception for guests to enjoy free food and use the Snapchat geofilter designed for the event.

On Thursday, April 30, The Archer School for Girls will hold a series of moderated panels with topics including “Breaking into the Business,” “The Future of Television” and “Women in Film.” The event will take place from 10 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. on the Archer campus.

While both events are free, registration for both events are mandatory for attendance.

The Archer Film Festival is “dedicated to empowering student filmmakers with a focus on the promotion of women in the film industry. Our goal is not to exclude men, but to include women,” according to the festival’s mission statement.

For more information, visit http://archerfilmfestival.archeronline.org/. Those interested can contact [email protected] for any questions on the event and registration.
Archer Film Festival