5 things you can do to celebrate the end of finals

A laptop shows the home screen of Netflix, one of the most popular places to stream TV and movies online. Netflix is the perfect place to binge-watch all of your favorite shows and a common destination for many Archer girls. Explore all of the categories they have to find some new shows, too!

Photo credit: Maya Wernick

With winter break quickly approaching, there are so many things to look forward to after you turn in that last final exam. Now that we have two whole weeks with minimal to no studying, there are endless options of things to fill your time with. Here are five ideas for things to do once school is out for winter break:

1. Get some well deserved sleep.

After an entire semester of endless assignments, hundreds of quizzes and a multitude of tests, it is finally time for some R & R. For many, the semester was filled with some sleepless nights and a plethora of coffee, so now is the perfect time to catch up on some Z’s. Taking advantage of the down time will get you fully prepared for the busy semester to come in 2017.

2. Catch up on every TV show ever.

Two weeks is approximately 336 hours, or 20,160 minutes. You could watch all of Grey’s Anatomy in 203 hours without the opening or closing credits and still have time left over for the 86 hours of Glee and whatever other shows strike your fancy. Or try a new show! Two weeks is the perfect amount of time to watch, learn everything about and then rewatch a new favorite.

3. Catch up with friends.

During the school year, it can be difficult to find time to hang out with friends, especially those outside of Archer. However, now that you have successfully completed another semester of your high school career, it’s time to thank those who helped you through it! Use winter break as an opportunity to spend time with people who you might have had to ignore in order to complete that one biology assignment or to study for that vocabulary test.

4. Explore Los Angeles.

For many of us, we consider Los Angeles our home, but how many of us can say we’ve fully explored our city? Take the Metro to Olvera Street, grab a meal at Grand Central Market or check out the Valley Relics Museum (only open on Saturdays), just to name a few. We live in one of the largest, most culturally diverse cities in the world, and winter break is a perfect time to experience it in all of its glory.

5. Pick up a new hobby.

Have you ever wanted to start something new, but were too busy to do so? Well now is your chance. Youtube has amazing tutorials in almost any subject, which gives you the perfect opportunity to become an expert in something fun and new. Want to try knitting? Learn how to make origami flowers with ease? Try a new recipe for churro French toast? Winter break provides you with the time to do something great, which you can then share with all of your friends when school starts up again.

Have a great break!