• March 17The Holi celebration will take place at 10:30 Friday, March 22, on the backfield.
  • March 17There will be no late busses Friday, March 22.
  • March 17Spirit Week events will take place from Monday, March 18, to Friday, March 22.

An Open Letter to the Starbucks Macchiato

Dear Starbucks Macchiato,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I have to tell you something you may not want to hear. You are not a macchiato.

I know, I know.  It’s a lot to take in. You are delicious and your flavor is unparalleled, but you are not a macchiato. You may be confused. “If I’m not a macchiato then who is?” you may have thought to yourself.  Well my dear friend, I’m so glad you asked. A macchiato is defined as espresso with a dash of frothy steamed milk.  Now, when I look at you I see milk, I see a little espresso, I definitely see some delicious flavored syrup—but I do not see this:

A true macchiato. Photo courtesy of Wikimedia Commons, a freely licensed media file repository
A “true” macchiato. Photo courtesy of Wikimedia Commons, a freely licensed media file repository

Don’t look so sad, Starbucks Macchiato, I’m not asking you to change! I’m not saying you should taste or look like a true macchiato.  I just don’t see why you feel the need to call yourself something you’re not.  You are original, my friend.  You are your own drink, and you deserve a name that fits who you are.

Again I apologize for having to be the one to tell you this, but I think it will benefit you to know the truth.

Sincerely,
Any coffee connoisseur