5 Things to do Before Leaving Archer

As the year comes to a close, here are five things that every Archer girl should do at least once before they get out for summer break.

1. Ask someone for their leftover advisory food

Everyday after advisory in Mr. Carter’s room, my first stop is the Berning advisory to see if they have any leftovers.” – Alyssa Downer

Advisory cupcakes made by Nicole Schneider.  Photographer: Rachel Magnin '15
Advisory food has become a tradition, especially during extremely busy times of year. Photographer: Rachel Magnin ’15.

2. Play with the Archer dogs

The dogs on campus are one of my favorite things around campus. They are a constant stream of stress-free joy in classrooms and offices.” – Nicole Schneider ’15

Seamus and Gus play in the back of Archer. Photographer: Rachel Magnin
Seamus and Gus play in the back of Archer. They are two of the many dogs of faculty and staff on campus. Photographer: Rachel Magnin ’15.

3. Post a picture of the Maypole

Every year when May comes around, posting a picture of the maypole is a must because it is so beautiful and such an important symbol of Archer.” – Shirene Shomloo ’15

The maypole stands tall in the front of the school, showing its colorful ribbons to all the passerbys on Sunset blvd. Photorapher: Rachel Magnin
The maypole stands tall in the front of the school, showing its colorful ribbons to all the passerbys on Sunset Boulevard. Photographer: Rachel Magnin ’15.

4. Dance in the Courtyard

Dancing in the courtyard at lunch and really anytime is one of my favorite things to do at school. My friends and I love to fool around with our dance moves.” – Hannah Martin ’17

FullSizeRender-5
Students of all grades spend time and dance in the courtyard with their Archer families during the very first family of the year. Photographer: Syd Stone ’16

5. Jump in the Fountain

I’m super excited to jump in the fountain on the last day of classes. I have been looking forward to it for as long as I have gone to Archer.” – Hillary O’Connor ’15

Rita Shrestha ’14 and Erin Lassner ’14 jump into the fountain after their last day of classes. It is a tradition for the seniors to dance in the fountain on their last day of class. Photographer: Rachel Magnin ’15.