Filed under FEATURES, SHOWCASE, SPORTS

Varsity volleyball team defeats Glendale Adventist Academy 3-0

The+varsity+girls+anticipate+the+opposing+team%27s+serve.+The+team+will+play+Buckley+on+Oct.+11+as+they+continue+to+work+towards+a+CIF+victory.+
The varsity girls anticipate the opposing team's serve. The team will play Buckley on Oct. 11 as they continue to work towards a CIF victory.

Photo credit: Nancy Salomon

Photo credit: Nancy Salomon

The Archer Panthers beat the Glendale Cougars today, resulting in yet another win for the varsity volleyball team. The game was played at Adventist Academy’s home court in Glendale, CA.

Freshman Lily Miro had a long-serving run today in the second game, and the other team had trouble breaking her serve. Miro also played as libero in the third game, with her accurate passing shots assisting Archer’s win.

“I thought our team had a great energy. Not that we haven’t had [energy] in the past, but today, it led to our victory,” Ava Salomon ’21 said. 

Miro’s consistent serving streak was the major highlight of the game.

On Oct. 11, varsity volleyball will play The Buckley School at Archer’s home court at Park Century School.

About the Writers
Lola Lamberg, Voices Editor

Lola Lamberg joined the Oracle in 2017 as a political columnist and is now the Voices Editor. In her spare time she enjoys listening to 90’s music, reading and traveling. This year, she is excited to play varsity tennis for Archer, participate in Model United Nations and Human Rights Watch Student Task Force. She also co-founds a feminism art club entitled HerArts.

Chloe Richards, Staff Writer

Chloe Richards joined the Oracle as a Staff Writer in the 2018. She is on the Varsity Tennis Team at Archer, is in the Upper School Choir and participates in the Upper School Play during the spring.

Thea Leimone, Staff Writer

Thea Leimone joined the Oracle as a Staff Writer in 2018. She loves swimming and will be joining the Archer swim team 2018-2019. She is also a part of Model United Nations. In her free time, you can find her hanging out with friends, at the beach or baking.