People of Los Angeles can now have the ‘Taylor Swift Experience’

Taylor Swift fans can dance to “Shake It Off” on a color-changing dance floor when they first enter the exhibit. Photographer: Isabelle Kantz ’16

Hosted at the GRAMMY Museum, the Taylor Swift Experience is an exhibition open until May 10 that allows fans to interactively experience life as a seven-time GRAMMY winning artist.

The exhibition opened on the singer-songwriter’s 25th birthday and includes “never-before-seen personal photographs and home videos, interactive experiences, handwritten lyrics of [Taylor Swift]’s top-charting hits, and iconic costumes” according to the exhibition’s website.

Many memorable props and costumes from Swift's music videos are on display, including the frilly blue dress from the "Our Song," the gown from the "Love Story," and the pompoms from "Shake It Off." Photographer: Isabelle Kantz '16
Many memorable props and costumes from Swift’s music videos are on display, including the frilly blue dress from the “Our Song,” the gown from the “Love Story” and the pompoms from “Shake It Off.” Photographer: Isabelle Kantz ’16

The first section of the exhibit has a light-up dance floor that changes colors when stepped on. A giant boombox is in the corner, playing Swift’s “Shake It Off” music video. Finished off with a hot pink neon sign on the wall reading “Taylor Swift,” the room provides an up-beat vibe similar to Swift’s newest album “1989.”

As a part of the interactive activities of the exhibit, fans can virtually walk through the “Blank Space” music video on iPads. Fans have the choice to either follow Swift throughout the music video, or to explore the rest of the music video set.

To truly feel what it’s like being Swift, a faux recording studio is available for fans to sing karaoke to Swift’s most popular songs.

In the back of the exhibit, a movie theater plays a short documentary on Swift’s journey to winning all seven of her Grammys.

The GRAMMY Museum is located at 800 West Olympic Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90015. The museum is open Monday through Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.. Saturday and Sunday’s hours are 10:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.. Tickets are available to purchase at the GRAMMY Museum box-office or online.

• Photos from Swift’s “Fearless,” “Speak Now” and “Red” Tours show the evolution of Swift’s instruments and style. Memories and highlights from all of Swift’s tours are shown throughout the exhibition. Photographer: Isabelle Kantz ’16

• Evan Statt ’16 says, “I was in complete awe seeing Taylor Swift’s actual costumes and outfits in person because it was almost as if I was in the same room as her.” The exhibit allows fans to see some of Swift’s costumes from her tours and dresses she’s worn to the GRAMMYs. Photographer: Isabelle Kantz ’16