Filed under MULTIMEDIA, NEWS

Exclusive: Harvard a cappella group ‘The Krokodiloes’ performs, shares stories

Kroks from Oracle on Vimeo.

The music of the Great American Songbook rang through the halls of Archer on Friday, Jan. 12. Harvard University‘s oldest a cappella group, The Krokodiloes, was performing at lunch for Archer students.

The Krokodiloes were founded in 1946 and currently features 12 undergraduate students. The group has entertained luminaries such as Ella Fitzgerald, Yo-Yo Ma, Elizabeth Taylor, Julia Roberts and Leonard Bernstein.

According to Visual and Performing Arts Chair Reed Farley, the Kroks — as they are referred to — reached out to Head of School Elizabeth English to perform at Archer.

The a cappella group is currently on their 2018 Winter Tour. Los Angeles is their third stop after performing in New York, New York and Vail, Colorado. After Archer, The Kroks traveled to San Francisco, California and Jasper, Canada.

Archer hosts an a capella groups each year. Past performances include The Whiffenpoofs from Yale University and  The Other Guys from the University of St. Andrews.

About the Writers
Nelly Rouzroch, Multimedia Editor
Nelly Rouzroch joined the Oracle Staff during the 2015 year and became the new Multimedia Editor in 2016. She attended Ignite Journalism University in summer 2016 to focus on how multimedia can enhance journalistic storytelling. She is in Dance Company and has been a part of Archer’s Dance Troupe since 2012. She loves anything related to...
Cat Oriel, News & Features Editor
Cat Oriel joined the Oracle staff as a contributing writer in 2015, was promoted to Voices Editor in 2017 and is now the News and Features Editor. She is a part of Archer’s varsity volleyball team, co-founder of the Feed2SucceedFund Archer Chapter, a member of the Asian American and Pacific Islander Culture Club and is...
Cybele Zhang, Editor-in-Chief
Cybele Zhang joined the Oracle writing staff in 2015. She was promoted to Sports Editor as a sophomore and to Editor-in-Chief as a senior. Over the summer of 2016, she interned at the Asian Journal, an international Filipino newspaper. She has been part of Archer’s Dance Company since 2012, where she is the current Community...
Maya Wernick, Voices Editor
Maya Wernick joined the Oracle in 2016 and became Voices Editor in 2017. She is a member of Archer’s Student Council, Model United Nations Club and is an Archer Ambassador. She also was a National Youth Correspondent at the 2017 Washington Journalism and Media Conference. She can often be found volunteering with special-needs kids or...