Student council holds Archer’s annual Winter Wonderland

Eighth+grade+class+representative+Allie+Rich+adds+whipped+cream+to+a+students+hot+chocolate.+This+was+one+of+several+food+stations+during+the+event+%E2%80%94+others+included+latkes+and+sugar+cookies.+

Photo credit: Anna Brodsky

Eighth grade class representative Allie Rich adds whipped cream to a student’s hot chocolate. This was one of several food stations during the event — others included latkes and sugar cookies.

The sun was shining in the Courtyard on Friday, Dec. 22, but the Archer Courtyard was full of holiday sweaters, Ugg boots, and parkas as part of the annual Winter Wonderland celebration.

While traditions such as hot chocolate, cookie decorating, and latkes still remained, there were some new additions to the celebration this year.

“For Winter Wonderland this year, Student Council decided to incorporate an emphasis on sustainability, an approach that we have not stressed enough in past events,” Executive Board member Grace Wilson ‘20 said.

According to Wilson, grades will receive spirit points based on who picked up the most trash during the event. 

“I think the Winter Wonderland trash competition was an exciting way to encourage the students to practice sustainable habits,” eighth grader Lucy Brodsky said. “There is nothing that gets Archer girls going like competition, and this one caused better treatment of our campus.”

Another new addition to the celebration was a screening of Elf in the Rose Room.

“Student council wanted to foster a very cozy, joyous event,” Wilson said. “I’m really happy with the turnout.”