Filed under NEWS, SHOWCASE

Color Wars postponed due to rain

Color Wars postponed due to rain

Noa Wallock ('22) runs to her team during 2018 Color Wars.

Photo credit: Maddie Fenster

Photo credit: Maddie Fenster

Photo credit: Maddie Fenster

Cheers, tug-of-war, relay races, and spirit are all elements of Archer’s annual Color Wars celebration. Color Wars was initially planned to occur Friday, Feb. 15. However, due to the rain, Color Wars was rescheduled to take place on March 1.

Student Council Executive Board member Nia Mosby ’20 said that due to the rain, students would not be able to set up for Color Wars.

“Initially, we were going to have people do door decorations tonight after school, but because of the rain, it would be harder to do our decorations and painting outside and movement of even the paper  — putting it onto the doors and possibly that being torn down to the rain and the winds,” Mosby said.

Mosby said the board was looking forward to having Color Wars last week so that it would be a fun Friday right after Valentines Day.

“I am still looking forward to it and it should be just as fun,” Mosby said.

11th-grade class representative Angelica Gonzalez said she is disappointed but sees this as an opportunity.

“I think as class rep, I was a little bit upset because Sophie, Lauren and I planned a lot for tomorrow, but I think now because we have more time, we can go even more full out with all of our decorations and Color Wars as a whole,” Gonzalez said. “We have more time to hype up our class, so we are excited for that part.”

About the Writers
Liz Haltrecht, Culture Editor

Liz Haltrecht joined the Oracle staff in 2016 and remained a contributing writer in 2017. She is so excited to take on the role of Culture Editor in the...

Celeste Ramirez, Staff Writer

Celeste Ramirez joined the Oracle as a columnist in 2017 and as a staff member in 2018. Her column focuses on diversity at Archer, highlighting the connection...