9th and 10th Graders Sport Semi-Formal Fashion

The much anticipated 9th and 10th grade Semi-Formal finally arrived on Friday, Jan. 24. The students enjoyed getting out of their Archer uniforms into some fashionable dresses, which ranged in color, length and style.

The formal started at 7:30 p.m. and wrapped up by 10:30 p.m. Held in Archer’s Rose Room and courtyard, the night consisted of fun on the dance floor, food and drink tables, and plenty of selfies. Many people had a chance to catch up with friends they had not seen in a while and meet new people.

The dance was all smiles. In addition to the Archer freshmen and sophomores, students from other schools also turned up at the semi-formal. Days of the “what’re you gonna wear” buzz led up to the dance. The dance did not have a theme, leaving space for each attendee to dress in the manner of their choice. Here are some pictures of student fashion from the night—most images show just dresses for student privacy. Enjoy!

• A black, navy and magenta dress. A nice black dress matched nicely with the purse. The lace on the navy dress offers some nice detailing. And the magenta dress was nicely paired with the necklace.

• Again, black is always a nice choice.

• A purple dress with some open slits by the arms to offer a nice twist.

• A dotted dress paired with a simple black cardigan to repel the cold night.

• Students Grace C, Grace B, Zaire D.-A. and Ari B. (all '16) pose for a picture.

Featured image: Sophomore Class reps Ali & Gaby ’16. Photo by: Rosemary Pastron ’16