GEG celebrates International Day of the Girl with Archer community

Photo credit: Cat Oriel

Sophomore Madison Tyler finishes the sentence, “A woman who inspires me…” and adds her response to the board. Archer students celebrated the International Day of the Girl on Oct. 27.

In celebration of the International Day of the Girl, Archer girls enjoyed various activities and performances with their peers.

The Girls Educating Girls club (GEG) organized the festivities and planned the feminine products drive, which was held on Oct. 14. The club is led by seniors Gabriella Weltman, Lulu Cerone, Emma Halfon, Audrey Koh, Stella Gage and freshman Ava Vinton.

The executive board of GEG decided to center this years theme around women’s health. There was a pad drive and a pad decorating station because women in certain countries do not have access to clean feminine products.

“Celebrating International Day of the Girl is a really good way to remind us both of the progress we’ve made as women, internationally, and also the progress that is yet to come,” Weltman said.

• Seniors Sophie Smyth and Annie Schindel perform songs for the school to enjoy.

Photo credit: Cat Oriel
  • A student gets a henna tattoo at a henna station.

Photo credit: Cat Oriel
  • The theme for this year’s International Day of the Girl was based off of women health. There was a tampon and pad drive to raise awareness of countries without this access.

Photo credit: Cat Oriel
  • Students and teachers finished the sentence ‘A woman who inspires me is…’

Photo credit: Cat Oriel