Meet the Candidate: Talia Goodman ’17

elections Banner

1. Choose a leadership quote and in a short paragraph explain how it applies to your “style” of leadership and why.

In a relationship each person should support the other; they should lift each other up.”-Taylor Swift

I think of the relationship between ASB and the Archer student body should be supporting and strong. ASB and the girls should work together to help one another be as amazing as possible and live up to everyone’s full potential. My style of leadership is inclusive. Everyone’s voice should be heard and the team I am working with should be a unified group.

2. As a student council member, what important goals would you have for Student Council? For Archer?

My goals as a student council member is to incorporate the voice of the Archer girls as much as possible. I think they should have close to as much of a say in school wide events as student council does. This difference is that Student Council will organize the student’s ability to give their opinion.

3. What are your plans for increasing school spirit and student participation at Archer?

I think that giving girls more of a say into what activities they want at school events will get girls excited about these programs, which will increase participation and spirit. I will increase their say by incorporating their opinion into more basic decisions like what activities should be at winter wonderland and if their is a specific holiday the girls want to celebrate.

4. What role(s) do you think Student Council should play at archer? Is Student Council currently fulfilling that role? If not, what changes do you propose to make it happen?

I think Student Council should be the voice of the girls and a representation of the values of Archer. Student Council is very fulfilling because it allows girls to be leaders and make a difference in their community. I think that to make Archer Student Council a more significant activity, Student Council can become bigger by connecting with other schools and learning about the events they have.

5. Why do you want to be on Student Council, really?

I want to be on Student Council because being a leader of my school is one of the most rewarding things I have ever done. I think that being the brains behind all school events makes me feel that I am a part of a significant part of Archer.